That my days in IIMC

That my days in IIMC

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Message from the director of Spirit Continues

To say that the lines written below are completely mine would be wrong. To be very true , This company is not created out of an idea but through the passion behind the idea. I say special thanks to all contributing members and especially "Yadav" from IIM Bangalore whose one statement really made a difference , ignited fire in my belly to follow my dreams. The statement is none other than "Finding passion of life is more important than working for some others thinking”. Sitting here at printing shop, Ranchi and before I say how our company has reached to such escalating heights that has made me feel proud to write these beautiful lines , I say I am "Pawan Kumar Gupta" and I hope that the day will come soon when our team will inspire a million of hearts .

"Sometimes our effort seems insignificant but always remember one thing, a ripple can bring a momentum anytime and produce a current that is insurmountable".

After getting 94.2 % marks in class X and 84.2% marks in class XII and after being unable to clear mains examination of IIT,I, a bookworm took admission in 9th ranked institute 'Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra ,Ranchi" in 2005.Everything went well and good as expected but this bookworm really missed one thing, something called "dreams”. I got 8.29 cgpa in first semester but I was not satisfied with that. Something stuck in my mind in 2nd semester, a term called "idea, creativity and innovation”. I felt as if "Life is like a hell without creativity”. Why not feel innovation, believe innovation and achieve innovation. I thought of an idea about 'new method of road traffic control system' and working on that idea for one year made me to get summer training in IIT kgp .In the mean while, many ideas came striking in my mind, and in the process I began to think that a day will come when I will have a place where I can make my own rules. So becoming an "Entrepreneur" was the best choice for me that ignited me to build 6-7 business plans, compromising in my studies, regular scolding from his parents, my elder brother. I tried to follow just one thing throughout my life at BIT Mesra "Idea, Idea and Idea”. After 3 years of engineering life was a great deal for me. Among the best was my training in IIM Calcutta in 2008 and my project named “Traffic Control system" ranked as "India's Top 8 electronics project" by Agilent Technologies at IIT Delhi. Before going to training at IIMC, I had already thought of business plans that I was supposed to do but somehow it did not work. Regarding technicals in electronics, chemical and mechanical engineering; many ideas came to my mind, some of them worked and some of them did not as per the rule of the game. For those ideas which worked, I got two PATENTS and two PATENT UNDER PROCESS till my 3rd year of engineering.And for those ideas which did not work, they gave me a beautiful experience of observing things deeply.

After loosing 6-7 business plans, I was definitely a failed man but I never accepted my failure, I was never defeated. I was a man with a feeling that "Somehow these incidents in my life will connect for something good in future. What really remained with me was my personal trait and my learning. I was a man with a feeling that I can motivate anyone, I can really charge anyone and can make him up in life. For my 2 years in engineering in 2nd and 3rd year, I experienced failure for so many times that it made me stiff, stubborn and a deep impression im my mind that "Always have control over your emotions and never ever give up”. The best thing that have happened in my life is that I don’t know how I got my summer training in IIM Calcutta. May be it was luck or it may be my hard work, I really don't know. That was awesome to be in a place with great scenic beauty and great people around.Well, I have described beauty of that place in my blog wwww.5dotspiritcontinues.blogspot.com.I remember that I was allotted room no. 206 in Annexe Hostel. The door next to me was allotted to 'Manish' from IIMK while the next door belonged to 'Yadav' from IIMB.I remember the very first day when I was grilled by the questions asked by Yadav. On saying "I would love to be an entrepreneur", Yadav asked "Then why do you want to go for management. All the great persons have done it without a management degree”. I don't have any good answer for that, I became shy to say that I need some time to think. I thought "May be I was following all these things blindly”. I used to interact with Yadav during evening and during the process, he became a very good friend of mine. At the same time, Anurag who was my group mate during training who was doing fellowship programme and Ritesh who was BIT alumni there became closer to me. I used to study and play during training but Yadav always told me one thing about management. "Local vendors are better managers than them; they can even sell a coal as diamond. The only difference between a person having a management degree and a local vendor is that 'A local vendor doesn’t know English’. That made me laugh out loud :).He used to say "Find out those things which you love to do, find the passion of life, do not work on some others idea”. That statement hit deep into my heart and made a difference to my life. That was the month of May when all these things happened in IIMC and my placement was about to start from 4th June'08.I was in dilemma and had no idea what I was going to do with my life since my all ideas failed previously and in addition, I had no plans to go for a job. I thought 'Lets wait for some time , till then let the bad phase continue. I always hoped that I will find something good very soon. My training went good although I know that I was very weak at technicals. Finally my training was completed and I was back to my alma mater, BIT Mesra. I was in confused state, I waited for sometime but I was not getting any idea. I almost have lost hope but slowly, I came to understand the things that were happening around me.

Some of the moments were like a precious stone to my life. One important incident that gave a deep impact to me was: Many friends came to me and said that "Please motivate me”. I always motivated them with the help of emotional intelligence and they went happy. After remembering this incident, something struck in my mind:"Can you really motivate people. Can you teach them emotional intelligence”. I got a sweet reply from my inner self "Yes”. This is how this company originated. I felt as if "Its the journey which gives you happiness and not necessarily the destination", I believed as if winning or loosing doesn't matter, the learning that you get from these events makes a difference. The attitude, confidence, personality, self-motivation, creativity, emotional intelligence will do a magic one day and I would to love to share those things to all people.

Then my school buddy Priyansh from Jaipur came in journey, Shailesh another school buddy joined me, Manoj from NIT Jamshedpur joined, guys from IIM C, IIM K, IIT kharagpur, IIT roorkie, IIT Powai, my elder sister Priyanka joined hands together to make this dream come true and in the process, I was chosen as the 'Director' of the company which increased my level of confidence and I really felt good to more responsible since my each decision reflects each and every member of our company. I owe my special thanks to Yadav, Priyansh, and Manoj for giving me immense support to make this company reach this stage. I would like to give heartfelt thanks to all the contributing members without whom our company would not have touched great heights. Thanks a lot everyone.

Regards,
Pawan Kumar Gupta
Managing Director
Spirit Continues

No comments: