That my days in IIMC

That my days in IIMC

Monday, May 12, 2008

IIMs, Dreams, Bhagwad Gita !! Do they have something in common

Feeling the heat of IIMs in IIMs is one of the dreams one can always imagine. But the good is not only in imagining but converting that dream into reality…By god’s grace, I know a person who has achieved it but he knows these things hardly matter…What matters is a path to spirituality, a total renunciation of worldly pleasures, a sense of satisfaction to the mind, eternal peace, knowing your dharma and performing the rituals to please the god. And nor having a materialistic approach to things, having a desire to achieve his dreams just to satisfy his ego that “I have to achieve it”.

This person was not supposed to utter these words but have you ever thought how he acquired this small but big knowledge about spiruality. Hey! I would like to thank god for it and then Indian Institute of management, Calcutta for giving that person an opportunity for internship and letting him to spend some quality time to spend his summer’08…About the knowledge whatever I have J about this strange subject, have got through reading some pages of great Mythology “Bhagwad Gita” in B. C. Bose Library, IIMC. And yes, of course this person is being called as “Mr Pawan” by those people whom he knows and also by those people whom he does not know.

Where to start and where to end it’s just a matter to representing the things in a systematic way but what I am about to say is “The feeling, the soul of a person that attaches to some place remains the same” and sometimes the feeling, the memories of a particular place becomes extraordinary, something that can always provide pleasure to your mind, satisfaction to your soul wherever you are, whenever you think. That’s I am expecting and about to share some of my feelings which I have experienced over here.

Can you imagine a place, somewhere 200 acres in area with 6 artificial lakes, hundreds of superb green trees, thousands of different varieties of flowers, lakhs of memories of people attached with it? In addition to it a multi-crores Auditorium, A gymnasium, hostels with all the prerequisites like canteen, common TV room, Voltas water cooler, washing machines in bathrooms, mosaic floors and rooms with 2 doors, an Almirah, spongy bed to sleep and super fast internet facility in all the rooms and all the other things that you can imagine and I have not mentioned here. About the scenic beauty of this place, it can simply blow your mind through it. That’s why sometimes I feel “I do not deserve this place so early in my life” but on the other side I also feel that “It never the luck that counts and you must have something special that has made you come to this great place to meet some great people”. I would definitely like to help all of friends to realize their dreams through a rule which was made by me on 3rd march’07. That’s “BCPC” rule….sounds so weird…right. Some rhyming letters and must have some stupid meanings …I guess no…Let’s have a look and the priorities of these letters are in ascending order to realize your dreams:

B: Brilliancy [Less priority]

C: Courage to dare big

P: Patience to stay throughout

C: Consistency to maintain a standard [Highest Priority]

I will explain all these weird things in my next post but before going on I have something’s to share which I have learnt from Bhagwad Gita. The main theme is that your desires, your materialistic view of life, all those external factors that gives you alternate phases of happiness or sadness are a kind of being ignorant in life. Most of the persons including me do not have the right knowledge just because it’s very difficult to realize the truth which is called as Brahman. And the truth is about knowing the difference between reality and non-reality. All the things that changes itself through space and time, that remains temporary is non-real, i.e. all the external things like our body, objects are non-real and the things which is independent of time and space, which do not takes birth or do not die is real. The spirit, soul or Atman is a real thing. As a person changes his clothes, Atman/soul changes the body after the death of a body. And a wise is who that believes real in non-real things and non-real things in real things i.e. he knows the difference between the reality and non-reality. He knows that god is supreme and everything including our past, present, and our future is already planned by god and we are only the instruments to play the tune to please the god. This is self-realisation.This is spiruality.

I would urge to all my fellow friends not to realize your dreams in external factors just to satisfy just one thing which we call as ego that “I want to do it and I want to see myself doing it”…Again I say the same line “We should find some time to realize our self to gain the truth/ Brahman that could in turn help us to find eternal bliss”

No comments: